Today I want to share my pros and cons of having a first look on your wedding day. I will be sharing 9 pros as well as 2 cons about having a first look.
#1 – Calms your nerves
- having a first look can help calm any wedding day jitters you may have. It can also help you feel more relaxed about the day, and be a stress reliever.
#2 – Safe place for emotions
- Because a first look is more private, it allows you to have a safe space to express any emotions you might be feeling, without the awkwardness of everyone watching as you interact together for the first time on your wedding day.
#3 – Alone time
- You actually don’t get a whole lot of alone time on your wedding day, so this is a nice moment for the two of you to spend a second alone. It also helps set the tone for the day.
#4 – Spend more time together
- Because you get to see each other earlier, that means you get to spend more time together. First looks are really nice by allowing the two of you to spend pretty much the whole day together.
#5 – Finish pictures early
- A lot of time having a first look will free up some time, and allow you to finish your pictures up earlier so you can get your reception and guests faster.
#6 – Look your best
- Because your hair and make up and dress are fresh, you are able to look your absolute best for your first look, without having to do any adjustments or touch ups.
#7 – Get more photos
- The timeline tends to be more relaxed, so because you aren’t rushed, this allows for more pictures.
#8 – Enjoy the day
- With a more relaxed timeline, you will not be rushed and stressed. You will be able to sit back and enjoy your day.
#9 – Less risky
- You won’t be rushed, so there isn’t a risk on whether or not you can fit everything in by the end of the day.
#1 – Frontload heavy timeline
- This just means the majority of your pictures will be before the ceremony, so this may cause your ceremony to be pushed later in the evening so there is time for everything before.
#2 – Religious or traditional reasons
- Some religions do not allow the bride and groom to see each other before the ceremony, and then some people are more traditional, and feel like it is better to wait.
I go into more detail in the video, and explain each pro and con in depth. My hope is this video helps a bride who may be undecided on what to do, come to a decision on whether or not she wants a first look on her wedding day.
If you enjoyed this video, you may want to check out this video – Planning your wedding during COVID
I would love to hang out and share more with you! I share lots of wedding tips on my Instagram as well
Central Alabama Photographer
Tuscaloosa ~ Jasper ~ Birmingham